Beware when booking through Hotwire.com

51 of 183 Hotwire reviews

5:42pm

'This is the Days Inn Convention Center Hotel San Jose, Ca. I booked this two star rated hotel for June 3-4, through hotwire and paid for an upgrade even so that I could have two beds in the room (even though I paid for two people) and this is what I got. Hotwire does not, apparently, screen the hotels they book and charge you for, or they don't care. I pre-paid approximately $300 with the upgrade for this. This is what I was stuck with, since I really couldn't afford to book another hotel on such short notice, after already paying for this one. Great customer service Hotwire. You see in these pics the rusty tissue dispenser in the cracked wall, one of several holes that were in the bedspread, patched up holes in the walls that didn't even match the paint, the grime around the jets in the bath tub, and a rusty razor blade found underneath the little coaster thing (where the complimentary toiletries where place on). Not shown was the dirty swimming pool. And not also shown was the strange girl in the front lobby in her underwear changing clothes from a garbage bag. I didn't have my phone to take the pic, nor is it something I would have wanted to take a pic of. Sounds unbelievable, but it really did happen. Hotwire should pay you for staying in this raunchy, dirty, beat-up hotel. If Hotwire doesn't believe me, they could go look at this place for themselves. I'm sure it hasn't changed. Be warned people booking through Hotwire. This could happen to you.'

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Hotel Reservation
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #654521

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hotwire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
51 of 183 Hotwire reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Jun 24, 2015 #998838

First off, 2 star. Thats part of the problem right there. I reserved a room at a 4 star hotel and when I got there, found the condom machines in the lobby and the guy at the front desk behind bullet proof glass, and he asked me how many hours I wanted the room because he didn't have my reservation. I walked out.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.