I purchased a flight and rental car package from Hotwire.com for my honeymoon.I booked both the flight and car for 9/23/12-9/26/12.

After I booked the flight, the confirmation email sent to me had the wrong dates. I called the hotwire customer service number and they said that they fixed the reservation to reflect the correct dates and would regenerate the confirmation email. I received it and everything looked as though it was fixed. We arrived at the airport on the 23rd and had no problem with the flights.

When we arrived at Alamo car rental in Ft. Meyers at the airport they stated that the car reservation was for the following day. I showed them the confirmation email sent to me from hotwire reflecting the date period the rental was supposed to be for (9/23-9/26). They said that because the rental was booked through a 3rd party I needed to call them and explain the situation and that the reservation could quickly be fixed on hotwire's end and we would be on our way.

When I called I received the WORST customer service of my life. Every person I encountered was horribly rude and never once attempted to help me. Finally, I had to pay an additional fee to alamo for the "extra" day on our rental - something I had already paid for. My husband called back to the customer service department and spoke to a supervisor named Pat.

He stated that we needed to submit to them via fax the confirmation email from them along with the paperwork from Alamo showing the additional fees incurred. I submitted that paperwork to them on 10/3. I received no correspondence from them. Finally, almost 3 weeks later, I called to check the status and they said that they did indeed receive the requested information but that they denied the refund.

I spoke to another supervisor and she was also not helpful. No one wants to help me from hotwire or remedy their error.

Their egregious error affected our honeymoon.

Had an Experience with Hotwire?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #619491

I'm 19 and I booked a hotel room through hotwire, but only after did they tell me that you have to be 21 to stay at that hotel.Then they lied to me when I tried to dispute it and said that you can be 18 and that they would lock the minibar, but I called the hotel and asked them how old I had to be and they said 21 and I asked if they could lock the minibar and they said absolutely not, that they don't do that for anyone.

So, hotwore lied and I went to dispute it with my bank, but they lied to my bank! I had to threaten to get an attorney to get my money refunded.

Ihaven't even gotten my money back either!I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to get an attorney.