Hotwire - False Representation

I booked a hotel room for our upcoming family vacation in Cape Cod this morning through Hotwire.They represented the room as a 3 star (comparable to a Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn) that normally went for $310 per night but was a Hotwire Secret Hot Rate Hotel for $89.

They even went so far as to state the last person who booked was given the Cape Codder Resort and Spa in Hyannis and the savings were 71%. After payment was made, Hotwire revealed that my stay was at the Jonathan Edwards Motel in Dennis Port (a motel the owners of Cape Codder recently bought). I looked at it on Trip Advisor. The photos look like it is just an old yellow motel, definitely not a 3 star as represented.

I actually called the Jonathan Edwards Motel. I was quoted $100 per night for the exact same nights I purchased through Hotwire. That is definitely not a 71% savings! My objection is not that the Jonathan Edward Motel is not a 3 star property (which it is not).

My objection is that I was deliberately mislead. It appeared that I was agreeing to purchase a 3 star hotel room with a value of $310 per night. I figured it was a computer error so I called Hotwire's customer service immediately to rectify the mistake. After making three phone calls lasting a total 2.5 hours (mostly on hold) to discuss this matter, they did not agree.

I was told once a booking is made it can't be changed and this was not an error. In addition, I was put on hold repeatedly and bounced from one representative to another. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold again and "accidentally" dropped. I wonder why they ask for your call back number in case of disconnection but never use it.

Later this afternoon, I went back to the Hotwire website and took the attached screen shots of the deal in question as proof they are deceiving consumers. I have been a loyal customer of Hotwire in the past.

They have lost my trust.I will never use them again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Deceptive sales practices

Reason of review:
Deceptive Sales Practices
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hotwire Hotel Reservation
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #664381 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hotwire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hotwire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Hotwire.
Filing a new complaint about