I booked a hotel room for our upcoming family vacation in Cape Cod this morning through Hotwire.They represented the room as a 3 star (comparable to a Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn) that normally went for $310 per night but was a Hotwire Secret Hot Rate Hotel for $89.

They even went so far as to state the last person who booked was given the Cape Codder Resort and Spa in Hyannis and the savings were 71%. After payment was made, Hotwire revealed that my stay was at the Jonathan Edwards Motel in Dennis Port (a motel the owners of Cape Codder recently bought). I looked at it on Trip Advisor. The photos look like it is just an old yellow motel, definitely not a 3 star as represented.

I actually called the Jonathan Edwards Motel. I was quoted $100 per night for the exact same nights I purchased through Hotwire. That is definitely not a 71% savings! My objection is not that the Jonathan Edward Motel is not a 3 star property (which it is not).

My objection is that I was deliberately mislead. It appeared that I was agreeing to purchase a 3 star hotel room with a value of $310 per night. I figured it was a computer error so I called Hotwire's customer service immediately to rectify the mistake. After making three phone calls lasting a total 2.5 hours (mostly on hold) to discuss this matter, they did not agree.

I was told once a booking is made it can't be changed and this was not an error. In addition, I was put on hold repeatedly and bounced from one representative to another. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold again and "accidentally" dropped. I wonder why they ask for your call back number in case of disconnection but never use it.

Later this afternoon, I went back to the Hotwire website and took the attached screen shots of the deal in question as proof they are deceiving consumers. I have been a loyal customer of Hotwire in the past.

They have lost my trust.I will never use them again.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of deceptive sales practices. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "deceptive sales practices" of hotwire hotel reservation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $750. Hotwire needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hotwire hotel reservation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hotwire. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Priceline.

Had an Experience with Hotwire?

Comments