I booked a hotel room for our upcoming family vacation in Cape Cod this morning through Hotwire.They represented the room as a 3 star (comparable to a Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn) that normally went for $310 per night but was a Hotwire Secret Hot Rate Hotel for $89.
They even went so far as to state the last person who booked was given the Cape Codder Resort and Spa in Hyannis and the savings were 71%. After payment was made, Hotwire revealed that my stay was at the Jonathan Edwards Motel in Dennis Port (a motel the owners of Cape Codder recently bought). I looked at it on Trip Advisor. The photos look like it is just an old yellow motel, definitely not a 3 star as represented.
I actually called the Jonathan Edwards Motel. I was quoted $100 per night for the exact same nights I purchased through Hotwire. That is definitely not a 71% savings! My objection is not that the Jonathan Edward Motel is not a 3 star property (which it is not).
My objection is that I was deliberately mislead. It appeared that I was agreeing to purchase a 3 star hotel room with a value of $310 per night. I figured it was a computer error so I called Hotwire's customer service immediately to rectify the mistake. After making three phone calls lasting a total 2.5 hours (mostly on hold) to discuss this matter, they did not agree.
I was told once a booking is made it can't be changed and this was not an error. In addition, I was put on hold repeatedly and bounced from one representative to another. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold again and "accidentally" dropped. I wonder why they ask for your call back number in case of disconnection but never use it.
Later this afternoon, I went back to the Hotwire website and took the attached screen shots of the deal in question as proof they are deceiving consumers. I have been a loyal customer of Hotwire in the past.
They have lost my trust.I will never use them again.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive sales practices
- Reason of review:
- Deceptive Sales Practices
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hotwire Hotel Reservation
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "This was our first all inclusive, adults only vacation and our travel agent suggested Punta Cana and Secrets. WOW! Such pampering...EXCELLENTE! The grounds, our room and the food and entertainment..."
- "Here is a youtube video I put together to warn others about hotwire.com. Their customer service is horrible! Although I used to book EVERY vacation hotel with them, I..."
- "Even thro this happened years ago the scars still tinder. I purchased five pair of New Balance shoes, remember they were the only running shoe offering widths, two 585's, a..."
- "Lets see if they refund like they say they will.. if and when they do I will remove all my reviews. This has been so time consuming and such a..."
- "Purchased numerous items in one order. Some items were ok. Most items have bad stitching, unfinished seams. One item was 3 sizes to small, I went off size chart. 1..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."