Hotwire is a Hotscam

I purchased a 4 Star room in NYC for a steal at $200, yes 4 star room!I was excited to get such a nice property for such a reasonable rate.

When I was confirmed into the Holiday Inn I thought it must have been a mistake. On Hotwire, the give examples of a 4 star as a Westin and a Hyatt. They have Holiday Inn listed as a 3 star example. I thought there muse have been something wrong as I paid, and was locked into a deal for a 4 star.

I called Hotwire for help. They explained that they don't use their examples as the basis, but they use Expedia...really? On Hotwire website they lead you to believe you will get a Westin quality, and then they stick you with a Holiday Inn? To make maters worse, the Holiday inn was not kept up to standards.

The curtain had a ton of mold...and they gave us 1/2 of a roll of Bathroom tissue I'm not blaming Holiday Inn...They;re not a 4 star. Hotwire is a Hotscam...stay away from them.

No longer will I book on them.I hope you bankrupt youselves with your shady practices!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations
Additional Fees

• What I liked
    • Prior purchases were okay
  • What I disliked
    • Scammed me they did not deliver what the advertised

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hotwire Equals Hotscam
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #906717

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hotwire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.