I reserved a car rental in Las Vegas for 3/2/16-3/8/16. Total price was $111.03. Dollar Car rental lot was empty when I arrived to pick up car. They were “overbooked” and gave me the option to wait for a returned car, cancel the reservation, or rent from the other location a few miles down the road at an increased price. I chose to wait and called hotwire to inquire why the reservation set up by them was not available. The hotwire customer service rep named Maru assured me that if I acquired a car from the other location, Hotwire would give a refund for the difference in price after submitting a copy of the receipt. After following her directions the new price for a car rental totaled $514.72

After sending all documents requested, Hotwire left me a voicemail (which I have saved) confirming the promise of a refund. They also sent me an email granting approval for a refund of $328.66. This email was received on 4/2/16. It is now 5/16/16 and no refund has been given! I have called for status updates and they tell me they have no information and cannot get any status information from the “finance department”.

I hoped to have a positive ending to this nightmare of a car rental. I do not plan on using hotwire ever again! Since I have proof of all these “promises” I will also be contacting the local news outlets. Perhaps they would like to investigate and alert the audience of these business practices.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with convenience of reserving online and stated that there is a room for improvement of failure to keep promise. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of hotwire car rental booking and associated monetary loss in the amount of $329. Hotwire needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hotwire car rental booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hotwire. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Priceline.

Had an Experience with Hotwire?

Comments