Paid Hotwire car rental for 3 days. They sent Hertz a voucher for only 2

44 of 183 Hotwire reviews

I booked a car through Hotwire and paid for 3 full days, once they don't have the option to pay by hour.They sent me an email confirming that I had 3 days rental period.

When I arrived at Hertz counter, the attendant told me the voucher Hotwire sent them was for a 2 day period only, and any extras would have to be paid to Hertz. She said I could call Hotwire to explain, but considering I already spent 1 hour in line, and that was a gross mistake, I just proceeded with the car pick up, believing Hotwire would fix it. My bad! I sent 4 emails to Hotwire to have the problem fixed, even with copies of the documents attached, and they just say that they can do nothing, that the extra hours are on me...

WTF!?!?

I would pleasantly pay for any hours ABOVE THE 36 I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR, but it wasn't just the case.They stop answering my emails and Hertz charged me $26.48 for the *** extra hours (notice that it would even buy another full day with Hotwire, cause they charged me $18,95/day for the rental).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Hotwire Car Rental
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #682043 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hotwire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
44 of 183 Hotwire reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hotwire. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hotwire.
Filing a new complaint about
×