When is a price agreed? When I agree a price and give my credit card number and confirmation number or when Hotwire decides? Unfortunately it appears to be the latter.

I called Hotwire to book a hotel room. I was told the room price and tax. I agreed the price and gave my complete credit card details including number, expiration date and code. Then the Hotwire representative said the price had changed and I would have to pay a higher price.

I baulked and said Hotwire had agreed a price and should eat the difference. I asked to speak to her supervisor. He said I had to pay the higher price. The supervisor’s name was April and the CAS 2066039301.

Does the process that we are used to, now not apply? When I buy on the web, the price is what is displayed while entering the credit card details. The price holds firm. Of course if I delay a long time, I get timed out and have to start again.

So when is a price agreed? Or was I subject to a bait and switch. In neither case does Hotwire come up smelling of roses.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of change in price. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of hotwire hotel reservation. Hotwire needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hotwire hotel reservation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hotwire. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Priceline.

Had an Experience with Hotwire?

Comments